Poor fuel economy in Boston Area

Hi All: I have posted this issue before. I have noticed recently (over the summer until now) that my fuel economy has dropped. Some of the people I work with also noticed it. Is is possible that they are using reformulated stuff ? Robert

Reply to
Finite Guy

A hotter engine runs more efficiently. Most recent cars suggests driving away immediatly, not on the highway, to heat up the motor faster. On summer months, this happens quicker.

Off topic: brisker accelleration (`not` 0-60 in 8 sec) and quicker stops (`not` coming to a slooow stop) saves more gas. No gliding in nuetral.

Reply to
Ricky Spartacus

In EPA restricted areas gas gets better and cheaper after Sept 15 when the lower vapor pressure stuff is allowed.

Reply to
-nobody-