Problem with A/C in my Nissan Quest

Hello,

My dealer says that the line that runs from the front of my minivan to the rear is leaking.

It will cost $400 to fix.

At that cost, it seems like they are planning to replace the whole line. Can't the line just be patched up?

Also, if I just make sure not to turn on the rear A/C, is there a valve that will prevent my Freon (or whatever) from leaking? Or will it still leak anyways? (There is a separate control for the front and rear A/C, but apparently they share the same compressor and coils).

Reply to
Martin Lynch

Dealers don't do patches. An independent AC repair shop could probably patch it unless the whole line is pretty much rusted.

It will leak whether you "turn it on" or not. You can, if you wish, have them remove the "T"s from the system and completely disconnect the rear ac system. That, however, would probably still cost $200 or more since they will have to evac and recharge the system and install some new connectors where the T's were, and then you'll have no rear air.

(There is a separate

Reply to
AZGuy

u have to replace the line