Q: Tire size - 92 Civic

I have a '92 Civic LX that uses 175/70R13 size tires. Does anyone know for the fact (anyone have tried?) if I can put

185/65R14 size tires on this car? I don't worry about the fact that the speedometer would be a bit off, I just want to make sure that these slightly larger wheels will fit, w/o having to actually do a swap to find out.

The thing is that I have a set of four 185/65R14 winter tires (on rims) that came from a '98 Civic, and the '98 uses a bit larger tire size. Now I want to use those on my '92 Civic.

TIA

-bubba

Reply to
Bubba Bubbs

Bubba, I had a 1995 Civic Coupe ... essentially the same car (both are

5th generation).

I bought aftermarket rims for the car which were 14" x 6" and mounted

186/60HR14 tires on them. They fit fine with room to spare. Circumference was a bit down so 65 series tires may be closer to a perfect fit.

--- Bror Jace

Reply to
Bror Jace