question

Anyone use one of those transmission jack adapters that fit onto a standard floor jack? Do they work good for transaxles or just transmissions because my car has a pretty big transaxle and I don't wanna waste my money.

Reply to
mZ

I've used an adapter that I purchased from Harbor Freight tools to drop the tranny & transfer case in a Jeep wrangler. It work pretty good - but I have no experiance with transaxles...

Doug

Reply to
Doug

that fit onto a standard

Everytime I help drop a transmission, I always wonder about this tool. I use several twist jacks and they work fine. But if you buy em, imagine kids tripping over them and you need to store it from a rain moister because they can rust. Storage is not cheap.

Don't buy em if you're gonna use it once, I would say.

Reply to
Tibur Waltson