Rain X glass cleaner and treatment any good?

I see Rain X has a dual use product out now that cleans as well as treats the windshield.

Anyone tried it?

Reply to
me

No, and probably wont. I tried the older formulation of Rainex and did not like it at all. No need, IMO, to go further down that road.

Reply to
hls

To copy HLS: "No and probably won't."

The original is ok during the day during a heavy rain but not so good in a light rain. Its really horrible at night if there are street lights around. Visibility near zero. Very dangerous at night.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

I use rain x washer fluid. Ok with that. I used old rain x on my old truck. Too sticky. My wiper motor started making loud noises.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Years ago Rain X worked for me, then stopped. I've tried various other cleaners with no luck. I haven't tried the new Rain X stuff.

Thanks to someone's suggestion on this newsgroup a while back, my solution is to squirt some Dawn green dishwashing fluid in the winshield washer tank. Works very well.

Reply to
G Mulcaster

In message , G Mulcaster writes

So does ethanol, but you've got to use it sparingly because it can cause hardening of the rubber seal around the windscreen.

Reply to
Clive