Rant on brake rotors

Brake rotors weren't all that expensive when they were made in Canada and Mexico and other places. Why is is that it's impossible to find rotors that are made anywhere other than China nowadays?

It's not a nationalism rant. I still haven't heard anything that has convinced me that they can make a decent casting.

Reply to
clifto

NAPA has made in the USA rotors still for their higher grade line. Bought a pair about a month or so ago for my parents' car.

Well what do you expect for pennies an hour in wages?

Reply to
Brent P

Because when you sell millions of something, saving a dollar each on manufacture means millions of dollars in profits.

I have seen some high grade castings come out of China... but they were not cheap at all. The Chinese manufacturers are being pressured by the importers to make products as cheaply as possible, so they do.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey