Rats!! Check Stability System

Rodents chewed on some of the wiring and now I have 'Check Stability System' light on. The dealership says they will have to redo the wiring and want to charge $450 plus.

Do you think this is reasonable, please advise, Subash

Reply to
Subash Biswas

Rodents chewed on some of the wiring and now I have 'Check Stability System' light on. The dealership says they will have to redo the wiring and want to charge $450 plus.

Do you think this is reasonable, please advise, Subash Cadillac CTS 2007 3.6L

Reply to
Subash Biswas

be sure to get some sort of rat repeller after you get it fixed

boxing

I would take it to an independent shop for a second opinion. No one here can see the problem so we don't know if one wire needs to be repaired in one spot or if an entire section of a wiring harness needs to be replaced.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

If you have comprehensive insurance, you should check with your insurance agent - it may cover this (depending on your policy details and your deductible).

Ed

Reply to
Ed White