Re: A Very Light Car

OK, now you've hit bottom by selectively editing posts. Please don't pollute the new thread, OK??

Reply to
Existential Angst

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 11:12:43 -0700, whoyakidding's ghost snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

EA continually saying it costs $45k doesn't work well either. Looks like the owner above paid about $25k. And the Prius C looks to cost ~$21-22k for most buyers. All the rest is pure pissing match between you two. First off, to my thinking the Volt is a terrific achievement for GM. I'm a wannabe owner. Too rich for my blood, but otherwise I'm the target market for the Volt. I have a couple comments about the owner above, who appears to be only the "toy" part of the target market. He did say the "toy" factor was important to him. Won't knock his "article." All info is good, and he covers a lot of ground, providing some info you won't find all in one place. Good job. But he doesn't address his commuting or overall driving patterns. Frankly, when he started talking about 400 mile trips to his cabin, and his electric rates, I really thought, "Why didn't you buy a Prius C?" You've mentioned your goal of increasing EV miles as a percentage of total miles, and that's the only way the Volt is practical for a decent chunk of the mass market. High EV miles as a percentage of total miles. For many people, including me, it would work well as the only car needed, and EV percentage would be in the +90'% range. And my base electric rate is a sweet .044 kwh. Anyway, the Volt is just too costly for me, since I'm psychologically a used car buyer. I really wish the Volt price can come down soon so it can gain market share. But even as is, at FULL price, BEFORE credits/rebates, it's not overpriced for the technology it provides to those who want it. Fuck, MSRP is $39k. People buy "unneeded" PU's, SUV's, "luxury," and "sports" vehicles costing more than that ALL DAY LONG. That's my 2 cents. All I can psychologically afford.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Agreed.

Perhaps because like me, he wanted a more substantial car, and the opportunity to get a higher EV percentage. His other ride is a Yukon. Looks like his lifetime mileage might be 62 thus far.

Yeah, it's too bad that people can't apply the rule they use about flatscreen payoff etc. to a ground breaking product that's made in America to boot.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost