Re: Chrysler and Ford Recalls Vehicles for Fatal Flaws

I once owned a 1950 Ford car I bought in 1972.The car had a saggy headliner.I would be driving along and part of the headliner would plop down on top of my head.I could still see good enough to drive though. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Heck, our early 80's Cressida had that problem in 1988.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Two, or perhaps three of the thin metal rods/wires which hold the headliner up had gotten week over the years.If I wasen't driving that car, I used to push up on the headliner and it would stay there. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

In message , C. E. White writes

All cars have errors and the manufacturer normally watches the first year or two to be able to modify and put right faults that weren't apparent in the design stage. Some of these faults can be dangerous, others just an inconvenience. I well remember when water based paints first came in, nothing dangerous about a car loosing it's paint because of bird droppings, but it seriously damages a brand image if all your cars look tatty.

Reply to
Clive

There will probally always be recalls of whichever affected vehicles. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin