Re: E85 vs Gasoline - credible numbers?

It's simple Kevin. The loss of top end power on a flying brick like my CJ7 means the gas pedal has to be to the floor to try and hold 65 mph instead of about 1/3 to 1/2 way to the floor. This translates to about a 30% decrease in gas mileage.

I am unsure of the percent of ethanol in the mix because the pumps don't state it and the cashier hasn't a clue.

I can normally run over 350 miles to a tank and suddenly I am out of gas at about 250 miles which catches me by surprise. Hence the reference to miles per tank.

My owners manual even states Not to use 'any' alcohol or ethanol mix and cites a loss of performance as one symptom.

I just ran a tank of 'real' gas and did 50 miles in 4x4 low, then 210 miles in 2 high on rural stop and go 50 mph roads and used 60 liters which is about 17 mpg. Fully loaded for camping also.

Mike

Mike Romain wrote in > news: snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca: > > > The 'mileage' on these indy cars is plain crap. You keep comparing > > alcohol to alcohol. The main reason they use the low BTU alcohol is > > because water can put out a fire.... > > > > Real life says when I use a mix of 15% ethanol in my Jeep engine, I get > > 100 miles 'LESS' per tank full of 'fuel' or about 30% less mileage than > > if I use real gasoline. I also lose all top end power. > > Mike we have gone through your junk Jeep and other lies here before. > The facts of 20 years of use here of ethanol by large numbers of people > say you are full of it. Also where are you that it is a 15% blend anyway? > The vast majority of the country uses a 10% blend, 15 being the supposed > max before mods are required. (although some have used 85% with regular > eng.s and not had a problem. other than redused milage.) > Also only a fool gives results in miles per tank. Only MPG is the way > to accuratly tell a difference. To many variables on a per tank basis. > unless you just want to make it sound good for your misguided belief. > Lets just look at it logicly, if you threw away the ethanol at 15% and > say it contributed nothing, then the loss would be only 15%. Use you > head before you spit out stupid numbers like 30% less milage. KB > > > > > I have tried adjusting the timing and the mix to no avail. I have > tried > > this because the garbage is going to be mandated into all gasoline soon > > to please the farmers. > > > > Are they going to offer 'me' a subsidy for that 100 miles per tank > > loss?? I doubt it. > > > > That kind of hit makes a large difference in vacation trips or even > just > > daily driving. > > > > Mike > > 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 > > 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's > > Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! > > Jan/06
Reply to
Mike Romain

Kevin Bottorff wrote in news:Xns9837A0D931D2Dkevynetinsnet@167.142.225.136:

Hydrogen Electrolysis from solar PV

26,282 kilograms per year per acre of scrubland in sunny southwest USA sunbelt states.

Raw solar power MEGAWATTS per acre per day.

8,863 MEGAWATTS per year per acre.

How many gallons of your biofuels shit per acre per year?

Sponsored by OILY INC. Exxon-Koch

E85 means 85% ethanol, which gives significant less mileage and range.

Reply to
Lloyd Parker