Re: Source for copper crush gaskets???

You may mean .0625"

On 22 Aug 2003 14:42:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@philips.com wrote: > > |Hi groups. > | > |I'm looking for a source for copper "crush" gaskets for an intake to head > |application in vintage cars. All my usual sources come up dry. A search > |on the web for "copper crush gasket" yeilds a lot of air craft supplier > |sites, so I'm taking the liberty of cross posting to a few that deja.com > |(google) hit on the same search. The ring I need is OD 1.125", ID .875" > |and thickness about .625". OD is the most important, could fudge on the > |other dimensions a bit. Any ideas? Need a quantity of 20 or so, but > |would happliy buy a larger pack if needed. > | > |Also, some of the originals looked to be alumimun, that would work also. > |It is not a terrbily high heat application and vibration/stress is > |probably pretty low. > > John > Post to rec.crafts.metalworking. > If they don't know of a source I bet someone will offer to make you a few. > Did you try MSC? > > Rex in Fort Worth
Reply to
Jim

I buy crush gaskets in copper and aluminum from here:

but as you might suspect from the name, theyare metric. They have a very wide range of sizes so you may find a closecross.

Steve

.

{snip}

Reply to