Re: Where's The Smoke? - Sea Foam Cleaner...

So?? How's it run?? MPG change? Got some new under hood pics?

Reply to
Ted

|Want smoke? Its easy: | |Take off your air cleaner. Start your engine and prop open the throttle |for 1500 rpm. Start pouring Dextron III slowly into the intake manifold. | |You'll get lots of smoke. | |The theory is auto transmission oil acts like a penetrating oil to free |sticking valves and promote upper cylinder lubrication. Of course, that is |an urban myth but you would be surprised how many "professional" auto |servicemen actually performed this useless operation (for money, of course) |in my father's day.

I always used water, with occasional ATF (for regularity of course)

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Yo bud, the ATF 'clean' is most certainly not useless!

It will clean the inside of the combustion chamber like new.

If I am doing any head work, I do that clean first and when I open it up it is super clean which makes for easy inspections and easy head gasket changes.

I did mine a couple years ago for a head gasket leak and when I opened it up there were a couple loose chunks of carbon still laying around inside. They were almost 1/8" thick and hadn't gotten blown out the exhaust yet because I didn't drive it after the clean.

It also does 'wonders' for city driven vehicles that develop a ping or timing knock.

Mike

Nomen Nescio wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain