rebuilt transmissions

Since I'm not that familiar with transmissions I'd like to know what a rebuilt transmission for a Honda Accord includes when I have a shop do it? Does it include tranaxle seals and the electronics that attach to the original automatic transmission ?

Other than word of mouth, is there any other way to tell if the transmission shop is any good ?

Reply to
frankg

Usually, it includes all gaskets, seals, sealing rings, friction and steel clutches. But only your shop knows for sure. Many shops don't really rebuild transmissions, they just swap out with pre-rebuilt ones from a third world country.

Reply to
« Paul »

Ask the shop. You can never tell. Some shops will do the bare mininum to get the transmission to work. Others will check the more common parts for wear and replace as necessary. Other places just swap out the transmission for one rebuilt by a third party.

check with your local BBB to see if they have many unresolved complaints.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I'm reasonably sure that the electronics aren't swapped out at all.

Reply to
Childfree Scott