replacing steering on a 1988 pajero

i am replacing my steering and have removed the nut but am stuck trying to pull it of can anyone tell me if there is a trick to it

Reply to
Ken

Hit it with a large hammer while you are pulling on it.

Reply to
Paul

Use a puller. If no puller try wedging your knees to load up the wheel in the direction you want it to go, bang the centre of the shaft with a large hammer(having previously replaced the nut screwed up enough to protect the thread),hopefully it will release.

Reply to
Bret