Saturn Vue Heater Output Temperature

A fellow Saturn Vue owners is complaining about the warmth of the air coming out of his heater. Mine is very warm, so I assume he must have a problem. However, the dealer is saying that his heater output temperature is "normal." I checked both my owners manual and the shop manual and neither has an indication of what "normal" should be. I was guessing that once the car is fully warmed up, the heater should be able to raise the temperature of the outside air by at least 80 degrees F. I would expect the heater output air temperature to be close to 100 degrees F when the temperature control is set to full hot. Does anyone have idea what a reasonable air temeprature should be for the output of the heater?

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

I had this problem with my Vue; what got it fixed was really cold outdoor temps (10-20 degrees). It set a "service engine soon" light due to the coolant temperature being too low. The retailer replaced the thermostat and it's much warmer now.

Where is your friend's temp gauge sitting on their Vue? Mine sat right about the first hash mark (around 1/4 scale) before the replacement, now it's between the first and second mark.

Replacing the thermostat is reported to be difficult and expensive (ca. $500!). That may be why the retailer is pushing back. -Rick

Reply to
Rick Murphy