Any respected publications concerning engine "break in"?

Can anybody recommend any reading I can do about this subject? Preferably written by somebody with well established and credibility?

I have always been skeptical of engine break in techniques. I am skeptical by nature of me, what more can I say. I only seek information, not insults. I do understand many are quite emotional about this subject.

Thanks,

--Dan

Reply to
dg

|Can anybody recommend any reading I can do about this subject? Preferably |written by somebody with well established and credibility? | |I have always been skeptical of engine break in techniques. I am skeptical |by nature of me, what more can I say. I only seek information, not insults. |I do understand many are quite emotional about this subject.

The way engines are built today, traditional breakin is unneccessary, except for your own piece of mind. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Of course, if you rebuilt the engine yourself, I am not sure this is good advice.

- JR

Preferably

Reply to
JR Lomas