sensor sender question

Got a '96 Maxima that the sender for the engine warning light went out on. I'd like to get a replacement, but don't know exactly what to search for. What's it likely called?

Reply to
RB

There are 23 sensors. Which one is bad?

Reply to
« Paul »

Good question. I have no idea which one it is. Our mechanic said the new unit installed would cost approx $450. All I know is the engine warning light is on constantly, even though nothing is wrong. The mech also said the unit that's bad is way up under the dash board.

Reply to
RB

You should ask your mechanic these questions. Ask him for the exact name of the part he will be replacing and how he determined that it was what needed to be replaced. Then, call around and get prices from other repair shops for the same job. You might be pleasantly surprised

Reply to
Kevin

Sounds like the ecu. But it could be any of about 13 different things. You could just replace all of them. They all cost about $450 each.

Reply to
« Paul »