"stretch bolts"? (Cylinder head)

I'm considering taking the head off our '99 Cavalier 2.2L. A couple of parts stores have said that the head bolts are one-time-use "stretch bolts", and need to be replaced. The (GM) service manual doesn't say anything about this.

I would appreciate any clarification.

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

1 FELPRO ES72170 0 [Engine Cylinder Head Bolt Set] Head Bolt Set OHV engine; Replacement recommended Qty: 1

Yep they recommend you replace them.

Reply to
m6onz5a

They are torque to yield bolts in the 2.2. One time use.

Reply to
Steve W.