Suzuki 1.6L Lifting Tabs Strong Enough????

I am getting ready to re-install my 4wd Suzuki Sidekick's 1.6L engine following a rebuild. I already removed the maunal transmission/transfer case "thingy" and have it laying on the floor. This was not an easy task.

I would like to mate the transmission/transfer case to the engine while it is out of the vehicle then lift both of them and install them into the vehicle in one step.

I am concerned the lifting tabs connected to the exhaust and intake manifolds might not be strong enough to support he weight of both the engine AND the tranny.

Has anybody lifted both the engine and the 4wd tranny with the stock lifting tabs? Are they upd to the task?

Thanks.

Reply to
Rock Braud

pete selby

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought about the Factory installation. Good Point.

I will still be a lil uneasy since the tranny/transaxle thingy is really big. Alomst 4 ft long!

Thanks again for the insight.

Later.

Reply to
Rock Braud