Taurus Ignition Problem

I have a 2000 Taurus SE with 61,000 miles. Over the last month I have been having a problem with the vehicle not starting or simply quitting while driving down the road.

Starting: I'll get in the car turn the key. All of the electronics devices operate as normal but the starter doesn't turn and there is no sound at all from the engine compartment. Other times it'll start normally.

Driving: While driving down the road the engine will simply quit. Try to restart it and it does the same as stated above. Other times the motor may quit for a split second and then run normally.

I thought maybe the Key was the problem (transponder key) but it does the same for both keys I have.

Doc

Ignition modual maybe?

Reply to
Bill Simmons

A California judge called Ford negligent for allowing your problem in Taurus and Sable vehicles in that state. The part in question was the TFI module and the models were earlier versions.

Reply to
Tomcat14

Thanks for the responses. I've looked up the information on the California case and it is exactly what my vehicle is doing although the years in question of the case only go up to 1995.

I'm going to keep digging on this and grill my Ford dealer about this.

Thanks for the help

Reply to
Doc