Tech: weird starting problem 03 town car

If you lock, unlock, and lock the car it will start. Doesn't matter with or without remote.

Bad ignition switch maybe? This car does have auto lock when put in gear.

Thanks

Reply to
m6onz5a

Why I don't believe in remote start or auto/power door locks or power windows.

I can crank my own windows and reach over to lock/unlock any door that needs it.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

My 1983 Dodge van has front left and right doors power windows and power do or locks. On the drivers side door, the key won't lock and unlock that door . I think the solenoid inside the door is worn out. I reckon I will disconn ect one of the pull/push rods so my key will lock and unlock that door. I d on't like power windows and power door locks. Low Tech is best. Google,,, zengardner.com Why Low Tech Living Is Back

Reply to
JR

Sounds a bit like a theft deterrent/alarm problem. Does it have a factory alarm system? An aftermarket one?

Reply to
Bill Vanek

More like an anti theft problem. Or the BCM is starting to have issues with a signal feed from a door switch.

Reply to
Steve W.

Pats factory alarm.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Just found its an aftermarket alarm that was hacked into place.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Removed aftermarket alarm and all is good.

Someone half assed installed the alarm. Bare wires everywhere.

Thanks everyone

Reply to
m6onz5a

Thanks for letting us know what it was.

Reply to
Bill Vanek

Yeah that is something we are not used to.

Reply to
Steve W.

Guys often screw up when they put in aftermarket car alarms, and remote starts. Both cars I've had with aftermarket alarms were badly wired. The '97 Lumina door locks were locking/unlocking randomly while on the road, and the '93 Grand Am sometimes locked the doors for no reason. My son fixed them by rewiring them.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I have never seen an aftermarket alarm install job that was any good, and that includes some done by the dealer. That's why the first question I asked in this thread was about whether there was an aftermarket alarm.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

So they forgot to tie the wire ends together using square knots, and cover the "connections" with different colored masking tape? Damned amateurs!

Reply to
Sanity Clause

Yep, and it can be frustrating.

Reply to