temp light on

My 1994 Saturn SW2 temp light is flashing the mechanic just replaced the water pump after it was leaking and I'm going back in for them to troubleshoot. Any ideas why the light is flashing even with the new water pump, lots of new antifreeze and a recent new radiator? The temp gauge is just above cold and it is 60 degrees out. What else should be checked? Linda

Reply to
Linda

My guess is that there is an air lock in the cooling system. The mechanic should be able to sort it out.

Reply to
John S.

My mechanic didn't use the OBD. Is the computer unit designed to reset the flashers? If so I'll have him put it on tomorrow. Where can I get an inexpensive OBD unit for a 94 Saturn all I've found was 96 and above? Thanks Linda

Reply to
Linda

it could be that the water supply is low - due to not topping-off the radiator supply - after the air was purged from the system immediately after the w p installation.

or the radiator was filled and not topped-off after the thermostat opened.

just guessing.

mho v=83e

Reply to
fiveiron