temp light flashing

My 1994 Saturn SW2 temp light is flashing the mechanic just replaced the water pump after it was leaking and I'm going back in for them to troubleshoot. Any ideas why the light is flashing even with the new water pump, antifreeze and a recent new radiator? The temp gauge is just above cold and it is 60 degrees out. What else should be checked? Thanks Linda please email at: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Linda

Is it the Temp Light or the Collant Level Light?? I have never seen the temp light flash but the water level one will flash if the coolant is low. Take a quick look to see if the collant level is fine first.

Reply to
Pbadgley

Hi Pbadgley, Their are 2 lights next to each other and they both flash. Yes the coolant level is full. Any other things to check? Is there a reset feature? Linda

Pbadgley wrote:

Reply to
Linda

Just add a drop of Antifreeze. It might look full, but It only needs to be down a little to set off the sensor. You will get two lights flashing then. Same thing when my water pump was replaced. Or just add a cup of water.

This should fix problem.

Reply to
Shawn

Thanks I'll give it a try. Linda

Reply to
Linda

Thanks Shawn but it looks full. I'll add more anyway and give it a try. Linda

Reply to
Linda

I have had erroneous reading from the coolant level indicator in a 94 SC2 (same engine). Even full, the stupid thing flashes. In your case the level sensor could be faulty.

Reply to
wavy