Texas: Toll Taxes

They are all in each others pocket, whether for money or favors. You call this a democracy?

Reply to
hls

I will note that in Texas, unlike many states, the non-toll road options that parallel the toll roads are quite good. On the toll road you go 70 MPH non-stop, on the "free" service roads along side the toll roads you go 55 MPH between traffic lights.

Reply to
Pete C.

America is a Republic. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Absolutely correct. We are not now nor have we ever been a true democracy.

Reply to
hls

Yeah...here in Western Mass, since most people do NOT use the Mass Pike, they wanted to add a tax to gasoline to pay for the people in BOSTON that HAVE to use it!

That didn't go very far...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Boston,,, is that where they pahk da cah? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

No, we PARK the CAR.

What are you? ReTAHDED?!?! ;)

(Sorry, it's a routine I saw from a Boston comedian a long time ago...)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B