Toyota

I have a 1996 toyota tacoma sometimes when you push the clutch in it makes a really bad noise but not everytime it dosent sound like it coming from the throw out bearing it sounds like its coming from around the starter thanks.

Reply to
donf

Sounds like a throw-out gettin ready to fail! :-)

Reply to
Backbone

Sounds like your clutch pedal bushings are worn through. I can't explain the "it sounds like its coming from around the starter" comment, but this is VERY common on '96-up Tacomas. The fix is new bushings. Look under the dash at the clutch pedal and brackets. look for small white plastic bushings with egg-shaped center holes near the top where the pedal return coil spring attaches to the pedal frame. Remove and disassemble unit to replace. There is an update on this assembly from Toyota, but you are out of warranty, so you would have to pay for the part. You can probably get satisfactory life out of a new set of bushings for dirt cheap.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish