unlocking seat belt 2000 ford Taurus ( no accident)

We took the seat belts out to clean them and the driver one is retracted all the way in and won't come out! Oopsie! How do I fix?

Reply to
stephvanessa1

I'm not familiar with that specific one, however ones that I have worked on have a plastic cover on the end that covers the cam and gear. If yours is similar, then move the cam.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

wrote

Is it back in the car now, or still sitting on the kitchen table?

There's usually an "inertia" lock of some kind inside that responds to sharp movements of the car (and sometimes really steep hills), and locks the reel. If it's out of the car, and you're not holding it in the same position as when it's installed, gravity can cause the mechanism to shift to the "lockup" position. Holding it in the correct orientation and giving it a couple of thumps should unlock it.

Reply to
Sanity Clause