van tires

Does anyone know if tires designed specifically for vans are tougher than normal car tires? I mean as far as handling rough roads, potholes, ruts, etc.

Has anyone tried Continental Vanco-8 tires?

Reply to
Grippen

David J and Lynne J Shepherd

depends on the GVW. Your tires need to be able to handle the weight of the car when it is fully loaded. When you start to get to certain weights, only heavy duty truck tires will have the load capacity. I don't know if these tires that can handle heavier weights do better with rough roads.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

I put Michelins on my van, and soon learned that these were not the same as 'truck tires'.

They ride really well on the highway, long life, can handle the weight etc, but I don't believe they have the sidewall toughness or thickness that some truck type tires would have.

Drove out to my farm (just bushhogged) in the van one night, and a sapling stub went through the sidewall like a knife through butter. Wouldn't have happened on a commercial type tire, I think.

Reply to
Larry Smith