Washing cars.... had enough of crappy cheap hose brushes

*sigh*

I'm on my 4th or 5th car brush now (the long type, with the attached hose connector at the end). I love them, but they always seem to:

  1. Piss all over me half the time, and then break completely, or
  2. Launch themselves halfway into space when the bungee comes loose, or

  1. Spurt a little fine 'syringe' style jet of water back into my face,

  1. Drip endlessly onto my otherwise would-be dry sandals,

Is there one that is not in 2 pieces, not plastic, and not a POS? Is there a snap-on car brush?

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Dean, I've had much better service using a stand-alone brush-on-a-handle along with the simple hose-and-nozzle. Much better brushes available. Not quite as easy as the combo-type, but once I got used to them, I wouldn't swap back UNLESS someone produced, as you seek, a much better combo. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

I just started using the brush with water attachment you speak of, but I don't hook it to water. I just rinse and soap the car first, then work it clean with the brush. For the money, the bristle quality is pretty good on these Autozone-esque brushes. To get a better brush (without water pipe) you may need to go through a detailing vendor. I haven't seen high quality units with the integral water pipe.

The brush sure beats those wool-like hand pads for not shredding on sharp corners / trim.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

You can hire me to wash your beast. $9/wash

Reply to
Mark Levitski

See if you can find a source for Laitner brushes. I have several of theirs going on 20 years old and they work like new. I have also bought some at a hardware store that were good quality.

Reply to
Rex B