What sort of tape for rust hole repair ?

I know it's a quick fix, but what sort of tape would be best to cover over rust holes on a fender edge ? Metal tape? Duct tape ?

I would tape over the holes, then spraypaint the entire fender.

Thanks

Reply to
Caprice85

I"m not sure paint would stick to metal tape but worth a try. I'd use the metal tape that's like duct tape only metal. Or buy a fiberglass and resin repair kit and patch it with that.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Google 'Bondo'.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Like you said, it's quick. I dont see much benefit in doing such a temporary coverup.

When the ol' rust bug bites in those places, unless you clean the rust away and prep the surface properly, nothing will last very long.

Reply to
hls

If it were my car, I'd replace the fender. If you are looking for a temporary fix, don't do it, you are olny wasting you time. Maybe you should just remove the fender completely?

Reply to
scott21230

The metal duct tape will work for that. Make sure the area is clean and wax free first. Dish soap will cut wax.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

If you leave the rust on there, it will keep on rusting away.A proper repair is to get rid of the rust and then fill in the hole with a quality filler material and then sand it smooth and repaint.Must For Rust from

is great for removing rust. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin