What tires to buy for 2000 Mazda Protege ES?

My car needs tires and the choices are bewildering!

Any advice on brands/models?

Reply to
me

How do you drive? Where do you drive? Is it very hot? Is it very wet? Does it get ice? Is there sand? Do you drive on gravel roads often?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

michelin are the best.

Reply to
boxing

Easy driver

North Missouri

Can be in the summer

Can be both summer and winter

Yes

Reply to
me

If you drive in the rain a lot, you might want to look at the Michelin Hydro-Edge. They are a little on the hard side for my tastes, but if it's hot most of the summer you'll find that makes them last longer. They won't stick to the road like a performance tire and they're no good in the winter, but they are excellent on wet roadways.

The Hydro-Edge is okay on gravel and dirt but if you live out on a long dirt road you might consider something with better low speed traction.

Get snow tires for winter.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey