Year & VIN Problem

Hi Guys,

I just recently aquired a 1994 Geo Metro (well thats what its says on the registration anyways) but when i do researches on the car & model it says that it only came out in 1995 models.

My Car:

1994 1.3L 4 Cylinder, 4 Door Seden VIN #: JG1MR5197RK201809

For some reason, the VIN number corresponds to a 1994 too... I am confused !!!

Please Help.

Reply to
OffersPlz

C. E. White

That VIN corresponds to a 1994 CHEVROLET/GEO METRO 4/5DR

You can tell it's a 1994 based upon the 10th position within the VIN .. the "R" indicates 1994.

The VIN's were standardized in 1981 ... start with "B" and go alphabetically excluding IOQUZ ... it will last until 2010 at the current configuration going from "BCDEFGHJKLMNPRSTVWXY123456789A"

Dan.

Reply to
Dan Keizer