Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rough idle, '95 Olds Ciera, 89k miles
What are the main things to check when diagnosing a rough idle? Specifically, the when in Drive with the brakes on, the engine idles very roughly and goes surge-surge-s urge rather than running...
12
12

Traction Contreol Question
Hello, Regarding "Traction Control": I understand that it is (very) desireable to turn it Off if having trouble with wheel spin when going UP an icey or snow covered road. Is it also a good idea to...
4
4

Re: R&R Ranger Window Motor Lift Gear?
Here is what I found on the repair guide at my work. 1. Disconnect the neg. battery cable 2. Open the window. Remove the trim panel and water shield and support the window 3. disconnect the power...

All young people….. , I have a gift for you, But d rive it with care
Work on Fashion design on web and earn a lot?. Khawar mk Fashion Designer and Advisor mk

GM Tech 1 Mass Storage Cartridge
Anyone know where I can purchase a 1MB Mass Storage Cartridge for my Tech 1 scanner? Been watching eBay and Craigs list for months with no luck. The part number is 3000003.
3
3

12000$ PER MONTH
ARE YOU MAKING MACHINE,IF YOU SAY NO, MAKE MONEY 8 YOUR HOME, 12000$ PER MONTH.

how humid is too humid for brake work?
Hi all, need to bleed the clutch system in my 944; however I have heard that one should not uncap the brake system while it is humid and/or raining out. question is, how humid is too humid? since...
14
14

Is My Transmission Shot?
OK, this just happened...my wife calls me to tell me she's stuck at the bottom of our street, which is a pretty decent sized hill....maybe 800 feet long or so. So I jump in my 96 250 5.8 a/t, hook up...
4
4

Chevy 4.3 thermostat replacement
Hello, on a 1991 Chevy pickup, 4.3 engine, does anyone know if the thermostat spring faces up or down?? It has reverse flow water pump. Thanks, Tim
1
1

Bushing Extractor Set - How to Use?
I recently bought this bushing extractor/installer set on Ebay: Perhaps it's just my inexperience, but I can't for the life of me figure out how this is supposed to work. I bought this with the hope...
5
5

Subaru Legacy coolant leak
1998 Subaru Legacy, 2.2L, 147,000 miles I see some coolant on top of the engine. If the car seats for a week and then runs, white, sweet-smelling smoke comes out from the engine bay area. It looks...
1
1

oil pan "kit?"
Does anyone make a kit to weld on to the bottom of an existing oil pan to turn it into a higher capacity pan? reason I ask is this, I have a '55 Stude with an engine in it built to '63 Avanti specs, I...
7
7

Extreme backfire; throttle body? TrailBlazer
2002 Chevy TrailBlazer. On occasion on cold start-up if the key is returned to the "run" position from the "start" position just as the engine seems to be running it will backfire into the intake....
14
14

2005 Stratus headlight replacement
Hello, I need to replace the passenger side headlight on a 2005 Stratus. It looks like the part goes for around $200 online. I called a dealer to see if they had it in stock and the guy said it would...
1
1

are wiper motors difficult to rebuild?
'95 Chevy Lumina mini van, 3.1 liter engine.
8
8