01 Corolla Replacing Exterior Driver Side Door Handle

Evening!

I recently had the plastic grip break off in my hand as I was opening the door. I called the dealership and they said that it would cost $113 just for the handle + $90 something in labor. So I checked online and found a handle for $17 and ordered it. My question is, what all is involved in taking the door apart to install the new handle? I have power locks and windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please reply here or feel free to email me with suggestions.

Thanks!

Reply to
studio.macabre

You could go to your local auto parts store or library and look for a Chilton's manual for your car. The investment is well under $90 and you would have info for future reference. Another possibility is to go to

and pay the daily access fee (I think it is $10) and go to the body section of the manual for your car. If you're mechanically inclined, you can look for anywhere from 1 to 3 screws (usually 1 or 2 in the arm rest and 1 in the plastic behind the door release lever) and then start popping the door panel out - it is held in place with clips. Unplug the switch for the windows and locks, replace the handle, and you're on your way.

Reply to
Ray O