93 Corolla Interior Door Handle Replacement

My wife played tug-o-war with the driver's interior door handle; the handle lost.

So, after removing the one screw, I now need to know how to proceed to remove the mouded handle piece that is flush with the interior door panel ? It does not want to budge.

Please, any hints will be appreciated. I'd rather not bring this to a dealership ....

I already purchased the replacement part.

TNX.

~ Vince ~ Long Island, NY

Reply to
Vince

Jack comments:

Vince,

To remove the inside door handle:

-remove one screw

-slide the dish toward the front of the car (it has tangs on the back that hold it)

-detach the steel rod 'control link' by prying it loose with a small screwdriver

Check the rim of the dish where the handle lever is hinged - these rims crack, making the handle inoperative. My remedy is to melt a paperclip around the inside to join and strengthen the part.

The handle lever can be removed from the dish by depressing one end of the hinge-pin.

Too bad they didn't make the parts out of stainless steel!

Good luck,

- Jack

Reply to
Ralph

You should be able to tell how the piece attaches to the door by looking at the replacement part. I believe there are tabs that hold it in place.

Reply to
Ray O