10-year 100k powertrain warranty on new Toyotas

Has anybody ever seen something like this: A Saint Louis Toyota dealership now has a 10-year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty on all new Toyotas sold.

The ad, in part, reads "Exclusively at Jay Wolfe Toyota...10 Year /100,000 mile warranty comes standard with every new Toyota we sell..."

Here's a link to the ad for more details. The ad is a .pdf document.

Built_Well

By the way, the other day I only happened to mention that someone had gay tendencies only because that person was extremely rude to me. The rest of you needn't worry. Your secret love desires are 100 percent safe with me [chuckle]

Incidentally, have you ever wondered why cell phones audibly alert you at 3 AM in the morning that they're low on battery power. You'd think they'd be smart enough not to sound off "I need juice" while you're sleeping....Oh well...

Reply to
Built_Well

No offense taken....I remain a lesbian...LOL

That is a way for you to break your toe on the way to find the damned thing in the middle of the night.

I'm an 'organ donor, but no one would want my multiple broken toes...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Haha. How true. You'd think cell makers would build in the option not to warn you about low power in the middle of the night. OPTION: "No battery warnings past 10 PM." Instead this phone only offers an all-or-nothing choice: Warning On or Off.

I appreciate being warned during daylight hours, but not past 10. I wonder if anyone knows of a phone that gives you this 9 or 10 PM choice?

Reply to
Built_Well

The technology would be pretty simple.

...but it would get in the way of camera and itunes logic....

Something useful?

Nah....gotta have play POWER in my phone...

broken toes continue.

Of course you can just put the damned thing on the charger at night, but who the hell remembers to do that?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Turn the damn thing off before you go to sleep.

Reply to
Art

Well I would, but it's too much trouble to turn the phone off 365 times a year--well, 730 times a year since you then gotta turn it on in the morn ;-)

Reply to
Built_Well

Well, I would keep it on the charger at night, but the guide says only recharge battery when low, to extend the life of the battery. And again, I wouldn't relish putting the rascal on the charger 365 times a year.

The verdict is in! We need a phone software option to prevent low battery warnings after 10 PM.

Reply to
Built_Well

and all the wear on the on off buttons that can be used for txt messaging.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

In an email, I asked Wolfe Toyota how much their

*exclusive* 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty on new Toyotas costs. He said the warranty is free. Yeah, right [smile]. 2 new informative links on this exclusive warranty:

Built_Well

I wonder why Wolfe Toyota seems to be the only U.S. Toyota dealership offering this 10-year 100,000-mile warranty? They say it's exclusive--but can it really be exclusive across the /whole/ country or maybe they mean exclusive in Saint Louis or in Missouri?

I wonder if they had to get special permission from Toyota, Japan to offer this Hyundai-like powertrain warranty? Maybe it's a test program suggested by Toyota headquarters?

If anybody knows the answers, it would be Ray O. Or certainly he would be able to provide the best informed conjectures.

This is an exact quote from Wolfe's email: "Toyota of West County offers its 10-year/100,000-mile warranty for free with all new cars sold, and I'm afraid I don't have a discount for excluding a car from the warranty plan."

So since the 10-year/100k warranty comes with ALL new Toyotas Wolfe is currently selling, you cannot opt out of it. And of course, they say the warranty is "free." LOL.

My guess is the mandatory 10-year 100k warranty means you /Ain't Getting No/ '07 Camry for under invoice. Maybe for under MSRP, but probably not by much. But I'm just guessing. Shucks, maybe it really is free! [chuckle]

Reply to
Built_Well

Notice that they require you to maintain your car....

Pretty neat marketing ploy. I doubt they will have to cough up much money....

Reply to
Scott in Florida