Fluid leaking from 2007 Camry

Just bought my 07 Camry SE in March. I'm surprised to already see, after 6000 miles, slippery, clear, odorless fluid leaking from the car. I noticed it yesterday evening after pulling my car out of the garage and finding this spot on the garage floor. I've been unable to find any TSBs on this and am wondering what the cause might be. All my fluid levels look okay, but the only thing I can think it might be is brake fluid.

Any thoughts/advice? Anyone else experienced this? I plan to take it into the dealer Monday.

Reply to
ac_volz

Probably just water from the A/C condensation!

Reply to
Dave

The water from the A/C condensation happens on my 98 Camry. Happens on humid days (or on most days if you live in a humid climate).

Reply to
Mark A

Sounds like normal drainage of ac condensation.

Reply to
Art

I went outside today to find the same problem with my 2005. I forgot my wife used the car and it was a little muggy out. Turned out to be like all here have suggested, I checked the air and she had turned it on. No problem, just A/C condensation drainage, whew!

Steve

Reply to
Roadrunner Newsgroup

First, he never mentioned that it was found after running the A/C. Second, he mentioned that the fluid was "slippery." I am thinking engine coolant or oil.

Reply to
Truckdude

Turn off the AC and see if the dripping stops. If it does, then that is normal condensation drainage from the AC.

If the stuff has the consistency of cooking oil and is oily, check your brake fluid level.

One other possibility if the stuff is the consistency of molasses is the motor mounts, but I have never heard of that stuff actually dripping out.

Reply to
Ray O

He said that the liquid was clear. All liquids are slippery. He was also a little paranoid.

It was the AC. Case closed.

Reply to
Mark A

I hope so. It's kinda scary for a guy not to know about A/C condensation in

2006. If all liquids are slippery, are you going to replace your engine oil with water next time?
Reply to
Truckdude

I think anytime one sees a puddle of liquid under your car, it is a little disconcerting, even if it turns out to be condensation from the AC.

Transmission fluid is also slippery, but I am not going to put it in my engine oil filler cap.

Reply to
Mark A

Nah, where I work a LOT of people don't know about their cars.

I was looking over a guy's '91 Acura, and said, "A little rust here, but all Honda's rust here.)

"It's an Acura..."

Reply to
Hachiroku

I thought that Acura was made by Honda.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

I think that was his point....the people at work don't know

Reply to
Scott in Florida