1992 Corolla timing belt

I don't know if the manual will answer this but right now I'm away from the manual. I've got a 4door 4cyl automatic and wonder what mileage is recommended to change the timing belt? If it matters, this car doesn't travel much and has about 56,000 miles (no typo). My repair shop recommended that I should change it in the near future if I'm planning to keep the car and I expect so.

Reply to
doug

The recommended interval is 60,000 miles under "severe" conditions. If the original T-belt lasted 15 years, I'd say you got your money's worth. Belts get brittle over time, so I would plan on replacing it soon.

Reply to
Ray O