1992 Corolla Wagon AWD

Hi:

This is the second posting. I now know how to explain problem.

When my car travels below 100Km/hr it wont stall. If I travel for

10minutes over 100Km/hr it will stall coming off an exit. It will stall like this regardless if the OD is in or out, in neutral or drive or while coasting and braking. When I try to start it while giving a little gas it will start then want to stall. If I start it with not gas and just let turn over and over and over it will catch and start running normally again. AS the car is near mint I want to fix this issue. I've heard of the lock up torque converter solenoid, the converter itself maybe the fuel line circuit (electrical or mech??)

Please email me ASAP winter is here and I want this to be fixed. In fact I want to drop it off friday if I can em some clue on where to look.

thanks

deliperrot

No e-mail, just ng post...

The torque converter lockup is not the fuel line circuit.

Check to see if the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve is sticking in the applied position. If you do not know how to do that, then unplug the vacuum line from the EGR valve and plug the vacuum line with a large golf tee or screw. If the problem clears up, then check the EGR to see if it is sticking or if the vacuum control for the EGR has a problem.

Reply to
Ray O

Hi:

I meant that it could be either of those 3 things. Where is the EGR valve located on this particular car?

Can I test drive with that valve not hooked up?

thanks

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
deliperrot

I doubt if the torque converter lockup circuit or the fuel pump circuit is causing the car to die.

I don't know for sure where the EGR valve is located on your particular car, but in general they are located near the exhaust manifold or intake manifold manifold with a metal tube running to the exhaust manifold, a silver or rusty silver in color, about the shape of a hockey puck, but smaller in diameter.

Reply to
Ray O