2003 Camry problem

I have a 2003 Camry with 20500 miles on it that was making an intermittent buzzing noise on light acceleration. It has gotten worse lately so I took it in to the dealer. They found it was the intake manifold and there was a TSB on it. They said it will cost me $575.00 to fix it and they refuse to pay since the 3 yr federal warranty expired 3 months ago. I think this is unfair when the car has such low mileage. Can anyone advise me on how to get Toyota to fix the problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
mwebsurfer

Unless you had a Toyota dealership document the problem during the warranty coverage period, the likelihood that you can make Toyota fix the problem is pretty slim. The existence of a TSB does not have any bearing on whether Toyota will fix the problem or not. On the other hand, if you have had all routine maintenance performed at the dealership, then you can ask the dealership to ask the district service manager for goodwill assistance, or you can call the customer relations number in your Owner's Guide and ask them for assistance.

Reply to
Ray O