1992 (K) Corolla roof bars

Hello. I wonder if anyone might be able to help.

I'm trying to find the correct roof bars for my elderly Toyota (it's new to me though). It's a K reg August 1992 model - so the slightly newer shape of the two when the change occurred. Corresponds to Haynes Manual Aug 1992 to

1997 models.

I've tried my Halfords bars off my old metro, but they don't quite fit in the narrower gutters on the new car - well not securely enough for my liking.

I thought it might be cheaper buying some new ones on line. Now it seems that a lot of the websites have guides to help you select the correct kit for your model of car.

All say Thule bars 120cm Part #: 761. No problems. However, there seems to be a real difference of opinion on which footpacks to get

says Thule guttered feet (4) # 369
says Part #: 368
says Special Guttered Foot Pack # 368 Toyota dealer - "computer says no" Halfords in-store flip-chart says floor pack # 369
says Paddy Hopkirk Roof Bars 400series roof bars (2) foot units (4) and the correct fitting kit for aToyota Corolla 4-D, 5-D 92-97. Sweet. Anyway, back to Thule because it'sbugging me....

website gives guttered foot pack Part #: 368.

Now, download the .pdf fitting guides from the same website gives a twist:

Fitting guide for footpack 368 reads it's for the 88-92 Corolla. Fitting guide for footpack 369 reads it's for the Corolla 93-97, 98-99 and

00-01

Which one is correct? Or does it not make any difference?

Experience/suggestions gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Stu.

Oh, and are my old square Halfords bars 2cmX3cm compatible with the Thule footpacks?

Reply to
Stu