Defender roof bars

Morning

With Project Garden Decking looming nearer, id like to get hold of a pair of roof bars for the 90, Just to i can lay timber etc on top of it.

Anyone know of where i can get some from, or does anyone have any they dont use that i could have / buy / borrow?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Do you recon that these

will fit a defender?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

The stays look a bit flimsy to me. Depends what you want to carry up top. When I built my roof bars I picked any old roof bars that had a good stay that would bolt to a standard gutter (doesn't matter what size the bars are), then removed the old bars and welded on some 30mm box section in it's place, and welded on some spotlight hangers at the same time. The old bars were round and I wanted flat so all in all very pleased and a bit of fun to make.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

I have 3 heavy duty bars which I used to transport boats and canoes on my 90. I don't use them now so if you want to borrow them, you may, or you can buy them off me should you want to keep them!

I'm near Coventry - whereabouts are you?

Neil

Neil

Northampton, but i get about a bit.

Would it be ok to borrow them for a kinda trial?

If you did part, what would you be looking for for them

Drop me a mail.

Thanks for this.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I should think so.

How long you want to borrow them for?

What's your email address?

As for price, hmmm I'd have to think about that, prolly half what they'd cost to buy a pair now, but then you'd be getting 3 instead of a pair! does that sound reasonable?

Neil.

Neil

mail me at marksolesbury at g mail dot com, and we can discuss....

Much appreciated.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury