Roof bars size for Estate

Hello all,

I am about to become owner of 1 year old Focus Estate 1.8 zetec (2004 model with roof rails).

I presently have Thule roof bars which are 120cm long and which I am hoping to transfer over to new car. Unfortunately the guidance for the Thule bars suggests I should be using the 108cm bars.

Does anyone know if the 120cm bars will actually fit if I buy new feet to connect them to rails? If so, would 120cm stick out too much at the sides (I nearly hit our baby's head on them as it is when lifting her out of car!)

Many thanks for any advice. I hope to be a regular here, although hopefully I won't have any problems to share(!!)

Reply to
Lorenzo

Thibaud Taudin Chabot