1995 corolla--need maintenance tips

Amen to that! If we leave it up to the environuts, people would also be in short supply!

Reply to
Ray O

Hey RAy, This story strikes no fear in me....It's just one case of a guy who used a product the wrong way...OVERUSE...stupidity....and we can't base our research on that, now, can we Ray...I never said I would use Heet every week...llike a joker would. Once every few months. You can eat too much good food and injure your body, too, Ray, so it wasn't the Heet, it was the joker using it every week.

Reply to
slatt333

Yes, the problems we saw were with cars that had Heet added every week, we also saw some problems with cars that had Heet added once a month. My guess is that using Heet once every few months won't hurt the car but I can't say for sure because I have never had the need for or used any fuel additives.

I am familiar with Toyota's recommendations regarding the use of fuel and oil additives, which is to avoid their use. On the other side is the folks who make fuel additives, who say that they cure all manner of problems, improve performance, and improve fuel economy. You can believe the folks who engineered and built the cars or you can believe the folks who are trying to sell you fuel additives. IMO, the folks at Toyota are more knowledgeable about Toyotas than the folks who make Heet so in the case of differing recommendations, I'll go with Toyota's.

Reply to
Ray O