1995 toyota cellica fuse/electric problems

I need some help, i was putting in a new sterio in my car and i thought i blew a fuse in the car. Now the dome light, clock, and radio dont work. I did a fuse light test and 3 fuses do not light up in a row, however the fuses look fine. what could the problem be?

Reply to
mygodsonthaprofessa

First, you have to remove whatever it is that is causes the fuses to blow, like a short circuit or overload. If you have a live wire touching ground, the fuse will blow instantly. For example, if you hooked up wires incorrectly, and have not corrected the incorrect hookup, you will continue to blow fuses.

I don't know what you mean by a "fuse light test". The proper way to check the fuse is to either remove it from the fuse holder and check it for continuity or check for the proper voltage on either side of the fuse with the power supplied.

You may have blown one of the main fuses near the battery but if other stuff is working, the more likely cause is that you have something wired incorrectly.

Reply to
Ray O

yeah a wire another when i was installing my cd player. my friend has this thing u hook up to a metal or something and u touch it to either side of the fuse and a light lights if it works. that is the fuse light test thing i was talking about. like i said though the fuses appear to be fine from just looking at them. i dont have the cd player even installed anymore i took it out until i fix the problem with the fuses. everything worked fine before i tried to install my cd player.

Reply to
mygodsonthaprofessa

my friend has this thing u hook up to metal and u touch the thing to the fuse and a light lights up if the fuse is working properly. that is the fuse light test i previously mentioned. Everything worked fine before i tried to install my cd player, but some wires touched while i was installing it and i lost power. I dont have the cd player installed now, because i will wait until i fix the problem to see if the cd player works properly.

Reply to
mygodsonthaprofessa

Go to the local parts store and buy a bunch of fuses that have a tester included with them. Start with the car in the ON position with the engine not running, and go across all the fuses with the tester. This ia a better test, because the 'thing with a wire on it' (test light...) will ALWAYS light up on one side of the fuse (the 12V bus). If you want to use the method you describe, start with one fuse. Touch the light to one side of the fuse, then the other. If the circuit is active, the light will glow when touching BOTH sides of the fuse.

Reply to
hachiroku

i found the problem a blown fuse lol. im going to install the cd player tomorrow.

Reply to
mygodsonthaprofessa