2002 Corolla

I mentioned awhile back, that our 02 Corolla, which we bought used in May of

2010 with 114k on it, was using a bunch of oil. Well after observing it over time, and no one can find any leaks, I also noticed it uses more in winter than in summer. ( Denver area ) Last winter it was using a quart about every 800 miles and this summer ( faster warmup ) it's using about a quart every 1600 miles.

Does that help pinpoint what may be the cause?

Reply to
Jane--Galt

It's nearly 10 years old and has done 114K miles, of course it consumes oil ya half wit !.

No leaks............ it's probably burning oil which is passing the worn piston rings/bore seal and also probably via valve stem seals.

Get a garage to do cylinder compression tests and I feel sure the readings will be well off spec.

It's tired and worn, live with it, DOH !

I mentioned awhile back, that our 02 Corolla, which we bought used in May of

2010 with 114k on it, was using a bunch of oil. Well after observing it over time, and no one can find any leaks, I also noticed it uses more in winter than in summer. ( Denver area ) Last winter it was using a quart about every 800 miles and this summer ( faster warmup ) it's using about a quart every 1600 miles.

Does that help pinpoint what may be the cause?

Reply to
Illuminated

Spoken like some impotent janitor, who probably has to suck heinie just to keep that job.

Reply to
Get out now!