2002 Highlander Transmission

Getting ready for winter! I have an '02 Highlander V6 with 22,000 miles on it. I want to change the transmission fluid and filter (already did the rear differential and the transfer case). Somewhere I read that Fram makes a good filter kit for the Camry, but the local auto parts store lists nothing from Fram for the Highlander. Any suggestions, or should I just go with OEM?

Also, according to my manual, the front differential is good until

60,000 as far as fluid changes. Is this true?

Thanks for the help.

John

Reply to
Sparks

I though toyota just used a screen -- no filter. I'd just drain and refill.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Toyota uses a metal screen so there is no filter to replace.

As far as the information in the owners manual about maintenance intervals, the information in there is true.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Wolfgang and Ray-O. That answers why the parts store had no listing for a filter.

John

Reply to
Sparks

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

Ray,

Do I need to get a gasket at the dealer or use high-temp sealant like I use on my Caravan?

John

Reply to
Sparks

I believe that the transmission pan has a rubber gasket.

Reply to
Ray O