Replacement Tires For Highlander

My wife has a 04 Highlander. The original tires were Toyo Radial Tranpath A11 P225-70-16 101S. They suck. Her highlander is 3 yrs old and 27,000 miles. Always had them rotated at 6000 miles. Anyone suggest a decent brand for her P225-70-16. She doesn't need any off road or very aggressive type of tire. Something that is not noisy or a rough ride. Just a good tire for the rain, snow and general driving. Something in the $425 to $550 range (includes mounting, valves, etc). The Toyota dealer gave me a quote on some Goodyear $453, Dunlop OPS $481 and Bridgestone $557. I am just afraid that these are OEM tires and will be just as bad as the Toyo. Just was at Firestone and got a quote for $426 for Destination LE OWL (60,000 warranty).

Any suggestions. Thanks!

Reply to
Capt Nemo

Michelin, Bridgestone, BFG, Yokohoma

Tires from the Toyota dealer? Oh NO! But why would you think they are OEM tires?

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have an 02 AWD V-6 Highlander and have Michellin x-terrains (600) I've over 40k on them and they still handle better than the Duelers (OEM) I took off at about 19k.

Reply to
ron