2002 toyota carolla black oil and losing 3 qts oil every 3 days with no leaks

i work at jiffy lube i have access to check for leaks i change my oil every 2000 miles and in between i constantly add 3qtz of oil every 3 days i have no leaks at all and my oil is always burnt black even after change what could possibly be the problem

Reply to
john

I'm surprised an engine that worn out even runs. Your rings are bad. If the body is in good shape, get a reman long block

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

If you are really using oil as fast as you say, you should never change the oil again because it is always fresh and as clean as it will ever be. You should be talking to your boss because he should have at least a clue as to why the oil is getting burnt.

Honestly, if you are using a quart per day -- 3 qt. every 3 days is 1 qt per day -- then you should have a huge mess on your hands, pools of oil on the floor or a massive build up of oil on the rear panel of the car, that should be a clue as to where the oil is going.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland