2006 avalon driver seat

the driver seat turns out to be really painful for some strange reason. any suggestions? can you switch the seat out for an entirely different seat?

Reply to
miffed

I believe that there is more than one seat type available for the Avalon, depending on which trim level you get.

Assuming you have tried all of the adjustments, including lumbar, seat cushion angle, and seat back angle, your next bet is to see if an upholstery shop can do some modification. Seat-mounted air bags make it difficult to swap seats or make extensive modifications.

Reply to
Ray O

I agree. Owned a '06 Limited since August 05. Noticed the seat right away, but figured I'd get used to it after fidling with the controls for a long enough time. Even after approximately 7 months, I still have a problem with pain in my left hamstring when in the car for long periods. The seat is just too firm for me.

Reply to
Dale Webler