2006 Sienna LE Radio Display Goes Blank

Has anyone seen a problem with 2006 Sienna radio display just going out?

This has happend 3+ times in the last week, and once the display went mostly gray.

When the display goes out, i seem to be able to recover it by changing mode (AM->FM->CD etc.)

The time it went wacky, turning the radio on and off did not even help, i had to go to car power off/on to get the display back.

I do not mind rebooting my pc every once in a while, but i do mind re-booting my mini van!

When i mentioned it to the dealer, they told me, not surprisingly, that they have no other reports of this problem, and they did not see the problem with my van when they checked it......

Reply to
Trevor Retsnef

Tell them there is always a first one of everything. I hear that same response quite often from various places. It irks me to no end and it's a brushoff. Don't let them get away with it.

I got 04 Sienna and have not had any problems like yours. It sounds like the radio is faulty. If the 06 is built like mine then the radio looks to be a bitch to get out. That whole center area has to be taken apart. Keep bugging them and/or call the hotline. You might also want to visit here:

and look around. Many good helpful folks there.

Good luck

Reply to
dbu,

Update:

I called another dealer and they agreed to replace the radio without actually seeing it act up. (Maybe they trust the customers? Maybe the problem has been reported by others?)

They took the VIN and the radio model and ordered a new radio. They will call me when it comes in and replace it in about an hour.

Lessons Learned:

1) Stay Away from Dealer with "New and Fancy" showroom. 2) Call Around.
Reply to
Trevor Retsnef